Thursday, December 26, 2013

Create animated GIF's with C#

I got a brand new camera this christmas, a GoPro Hero3+. The camera shoots amazing Full HD video at action-enabling framerates. And the waterproof casing and small form factor makes this the best damned piece of gear i own.

And after spending hours on hours of tumbling in the snow videoing myself fighting with the dog and jumping off cliffs skiing i started exploring the various other functions the camera has.

One of wich is the ability to take 30 pictures in 3 seconds.
Combined with a handy wifi-remote makes for alot of fun shots.

Then after having 500+ still frames of action recorded on the SD card i realized it would be fun making animated GIF's with them. A quick google search gave me lots of online-sites for just this purpose, but the first one i tried gave me a "picture too large" -error.

And being  the programmer i am, and having a few hours of post-christmas tranquility i immediately decided that i would rather make my own GIF-converter than manually resize my images to fit the online-converter.

Granted, the next few search results would probably solved my problem, but im allways trying to keep my coding skills from decay, and this presented it self as a good opurtunity.

So here is the result of a couple hours of dabbeling i Visual Studio:
The VisualStudio project can be downloaded as a .zip from this link

And a .gif example:


For some reason the gif will not loop, but im working on a fix for that.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot for sharing us about this update. Hope you will not get tired on making posts as informative as this. 
    Thanks a lot for sharing us about this update. Hope you will not get tired on making posts as informative as this. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your efforts because it conveys the message of what you are trying to say. It's a great skill to make even the person who doesn't know about the subject could able to understand the subject . Your blogs are understandable and also elaborately described. I hope to read more and more interesting articles from your blog. All the best.
    Best Devops online Training
    Online DevOps Certification Course - Gangboard

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.
    Data Science training in chennai
    Data Science training in OMR
    Data Science training in chennai
    Data Science Training in Chennai
    Data Science training in Chennai
    Data Science training in anna nagar
    Data science training in bangalore

    ReplyDelete

  4. Excellent blog, I wish to share your post with my folks circle. It’s really helped me a lot, so keep sharing post like this devops training in chennai | devops training in anna nagar | devops training in omr | devops training in porur | devops training in tambaram | devops training in velachery




    ReplyDelete

  5. Great to become visiting your weblog once more, it has been a very long time for me. Pleasantly this article i've been sat tight for such a long time. I will require this post to add up to my task in the school, and it has identical subject along with your review. Much appreciated, great offer. data science course in nagpur

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely return. data analytics course in kanpur

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting blog. Alot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that I'm interested in, but I'm most definately interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know. data analytics course in surat

    ReplyDelete