Monday, January 12, 2015

Android not liking my certificates

At my local college you need to install and use a certificate for access to the WiFi network. This is a quite common thing, and is really no problem setting up. However when upgrading my phone's OS i ran into an issue with this annoing warning message:


Telling me that the certificate might allow strangers to snoop on my internet activity, while in fact the oposite should be true. Anyways the message is highly annoying, and pops up at every reboot.

Now the solution for this is to simply move this user installed certificate from the "user installed" - folder over to the "system installed" -folder. Since Android doesn't throw this warning for the system certs. This solution requires root.


Using a file manager with root access (I use Root Explorer) go to:
/data/misc/keychain/cacerts-added/


This is where you will find your user certs. Copy it over to this folder:
/system/etc/security/cacerts/


And you will no longer be bothered with this annoyance in the future :)











No comments:

Post a Comment